Friday, January 15, 2010

A Call to Action- Local Businesses Sponsor Haiti Relief

PLEASE JOIN US IN REACHING OUT TO THE PEOPLE OF HAITI

All of us know by now that Haiti has been devastated by a catastrophic earthquake. There is almost no place on earth less prepared to respond to such a disaster than Haiti, and the people there need help, now. There is a difference between charity and desperate, immediate crisis relief.

I have been working in St. Louis Missouri to get local businesses involved in doing what they can to help, and the response has been phenomenal. I have discovered a wealth of businesses that are motivated to help Haiti, and are happy to contribute all or some of the proceeds from one day of business to Haiti relief efforts. My goal is to reach as many businesses as I can in my community, and I hope that this movement may spread to businesses across the nation, and beyond.

I am not specifically concerned with what organization businesses may choose to donate to, but have personally recommended Hands Together, a non-profit that has been doing phenomenal work in Haiti for many years. I am affiliated with this organization through family, and know personally that 100% of the donations go directly to the Hatian people. More information about this organization is available at www.handstogether.org.

I intend to update this blog with all of the businesses in the St Louis area that are actively involved in this movement. Please check back for updates, and contact me with any questions about this project.

Thanks,

Danielle

2 comments:

  1. Do you know of any out in St. Charles, or at least any from North County to St. Charles that will be participating?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, but I would love to see this movement spread. It might be worth asking local businesse in your area if they'd be interested in getting involved. If they have any questions, have them contact danielle_aslanian@yahoo.com.

    ReplyDelete